A lot of bands got their names from either a song title or a lyric from another band. Some you may already know, and the ones you don’t will make you sound like a encyclopedia of classic rock knowledge. UltimateClassicRock.com put together a list of 30 of them, here are our favorite 10.
1. Judas Priest from the Bob Dylan song “The Ballad of Frankie Lee and Judas Priest”.
2. The Rolling Stones from the Muddy Waters song “Rollin’ Stone”.
3. Jet the name of their favorite song by Paul McCartney and Wings.
4. Radiohead from the Talking Heads song “Radio Head”.
5. Simple Minds from the David Bowie song “The Jean Genie”. (“He’s so simple minded, he can’t drive his module.”)
6. Lady Gaga from the Queen song “Radio Ga Ga”.
7. “At the Drive-In” from the Poison song “Talk Dirty to Me”. (“At the drive-in, in the old man’s Ford / Behind the bushes, ’til I’m screamin’ for more.”)
8. Walk the Moon from the Police song “Walking on the Moon”.
9. Death Cab for Cutie from the Bonzo Dog Doo-Dah Band song “Death Cab for Cutie”.
10. Nazareth from the song “The Weight” by The Band. (“I pulled into Nazareth, was feelin’ ’bout half past dead.”)
Check out the full list at UltimateClassicRock.com