This is news I would hope to never hear from a doctor.
Susie Torres went to her doctor because she thought she had water in her left ear that just would not drain. After a brief checkup, the medical assistant ran from the room saying she was going to need more people because, “I think you have an insect in there.”
Torres said that she did not immediately panic. And some doctors came back and according to Torres, worked some magic to get it out of there. They told her a little while later that it was a brown recluse, and fortunately, did not bite her while it was holed up in there.
A bite from a brown recluse is highly venomous and can cause symptoms such as itching, muscle pain, increased sweating, headaches, nausea and/or a fever. The Centers for Disease Control recommends treatment by a medical professional for any brown recluse bite.
Torres is understandably a bit freaked out and now plans to sleep with cotton balls or earplugs in her ears. And honestly, I might start that too. Gross!
Full story here